Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Running"....REALLY???

Well the week after Labor Day I started , along with several of my church members, Couch to 5K.  Before I go further let me explain. I love to exercise, and I have always enjoyed walking. I have always wanted to run, but I never thought I could. Well this program helps to get you running. It literally gets you from the couch to running a 5K in 9-12 weeks. I was very skeptical believe me. I couldn't imagine running for more than two or three minutes at a time. And in the beginning we would run 60 seconds and walk 90 seconds. The program gradually increases your run time. 


Anyway I can say that it is an amazing program. Now mind you.........my run and most peoples' run are not equal. I technically jog, but I am not walking. 


I give most of the credit to my amazing supporters for making sure I showed up to run. 


Since I began I have ran in two 5 K's....can you say amazing????


I ran the first one without stopping in 47 minutes or so. So a slow run..really slow. It was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.




The second race was the Rudolph Run . I ran/walked it. It included Happy Hollow. For those of y'all who don't know Happy Hollow, it is NOT very Happy!! I finished it in 44:13....so a little improvement.


I only document this so that I can believe it, and when my girls read it one day they can say wow!!


Now to work on the healthy eating part!


So until next time..............have JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment